3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. When accessing the Site, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by your conduct.
4. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site, which procedures are described in this paragraph. Company has adopted a policy that provides for the immediate attention to claims of copyright infringement on the Site. Company’s policy is to investigate any allegations of copyright infringement brought to its attention. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your rights or the rights of a third party have been violated and you want Company to delete, edit, or disable the material in question from the Site, you must provide Company with all of the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringed or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to locate the material; (d) information reasonably sufficient to permit Company to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted; (e) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For this notification to be effective, you must provide it to Company’s designated agent at:
Comic Excitement Convention, LLC
ATTN: DMCA Notice
445 South Figueroa Street, Suite 3100
Los Angeles, CA 90071
5. NO WARRANTIES. Company hereby disclaims all warranties. Company is making the Site available “as is” without warranty of any kind. You assume the risk of any and all damage or loss from use of, or inability to use, the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Company expressly disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, regarding the Site, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Company does not warrant that the Site will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free.
6. LIMITED LIABILITY. Company’s liability to you is limited. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall Company be liable for damages of any kind (including, but not limited to, special, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits, or lost data, regardless of the foreseeability of those damages) arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site or any other materials or service provided to you by Company. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
8. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Site; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
10. COPYRIGHT & TRADEMARK. All contents of Site are: Copyright © 2016 Comic Excitement Convention, LLC. All rights reserved. “Comic Excitement Convention” and the “CX” logo (as well as any other trademarks or logos, derivations thereof, and marks substantially similar thereto in which Company has or may obtain statutory or common law trademark rights) are trademarks owned by Company. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, logos, or any other proprietary material that is owned by Company or by any third party. You may not copy or use in any manner any of Company’s copyrighted material, trademarks, logos, and/or proprietary material.
12. CALIFORNIA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of California. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than California.